Why this blog?

It is a substantial decision I take when I start this blog, making my own situation a public matter. But I believe to be frank and open-minded as superior to the opposite. Of course I hope to aquire certain advantages from this blog mysef, why would I care to invent it if not!?

First and foremost my ambition is that this will be a place to share thoughts, despair, frustration, yes; anything u or I find of relevance to include. To reach as many as possible I find it necessary to edit this part in English.

Also I do not deny that I would like to produce some fiction where a character suffering from Parkinson will be central, and I will as time goes by probably share thoughts on this baby to be, as well as try out passages on you. This part will have to be in Norwegian as I do not master English well enough to write stories.

tirsdag 18. februar 2014

Operation ahead!

I have, eventually, received a date when they plan to operate me at Rikshospitalet in  Oslo( I live in Bergen).The date is April 2nd, ie it was 50 days yesterday, seven weeks exactly today. If you wonder, this is my main concern at the moment, not even the heroic fight by all the Norwegian olympic participants concerns me more.

I will try to express thoughts and feelings, indeed even facts, around this operation for the following weeks. If you think there is not much coming from me on a daily basis, it surely has to do with my sickness again; most days I am quite influenced by it and it is difficult to do almost everything. The author J.M. Coetzee has, to my knowledge, Parkinson himself and in a novel from 2005 we meet the main character Paul Rymant who is trying to lead a meaningful  life despite the decease. The book has a title that points to one of the key
problems threatening his ambition: Slow Man.,  You can find a review of this book in my former blog thauke2read.blogspot.no

1 kommentar:

  1. Didn't know you suffered from P. Good thing you now have an operation date. I Wish you all the best of luck.
    Hilsen ho gro

    SvarSlett