Why this blog?

It is a substantial decision I take when I start this blog, making my own situation a public matter. But I believe to be frank and open-minded as superior to the opposite. Of course I hope to aquire certain advantages from this blog mysef, why would I care to invent it if not!?

First and foremost my ambition is that this will be a place to share thoughts, despair, frustration, yes; anything u or I find of relevance to include. To reach as many as possible I find it necessary to edit this part in English.

Also I do not deny that I would like to produce some fiction where a character suffering from Parkinson will be central, and I will as time goes by probably share thoughts on this baby to be, as well as try out passages on you. This part will have to be in Norwegian as I do not master English well enough to write stories.

tirsdag 25. februar 2014

Some thoughts after lunch today

Today has been busy and I might fall asleep writing this at 21.30, be warned!! But I would like to say a few words about some hours spent together with a small group from the Parkinson family, who came together at a cafe in Bergen, having lunch together.

We shared views on different topics of course, and as always it is particularly interesting to hear what experiences and thoughts people in more or less the same situation as yourself have. Talking about the operation  I face, it seemed that the persons  in this group had very similar experiences in our meetings with the Norwegian Health system. There were many episodes mentioned to underline an obvious weak  part; the way the system is organized.  From my own list I will mention that I posted a letter to Rikshospitalet in December last year, which they still have not answered, sort of. I did get an answer because I asked the ombudsmann for patients to look into this on my behalf. It is sad that we have to find a whip to get a response..

On the other hand, when we meet persons working in the system, we all feel that we are seen as individuals and treated with respect and understanding. We know that this is just as important and we are very grateful to be able to  meet up for something and expect that it will be a new good experience. This is building confidence, which can not be measured in money when it comes to the health deparment!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar